Farm Modernisation Programme
Farm Modernisation Programme (FMP) is now closed. The aim of the FMP was to contribute to the competitiveness of agricultural and horticultural farm businesses in Northern Ireland. This was achieved by providing financial support to existing farm businesses to improve the overall performance of their farm through modernisation under six key priority investment areas:
- Introduction of new technologies and innovation;
- Improved animal health and welfare;
- Increased hygiene control and product storage;
- Enhanced occupational safety and business efficiency;
- Increased energy efficiency; and
- Enhanced environmental status.
The FMP was open to Agricultural and horticultural farm businesses in possession of a Category 1 DARD Farm Business Identification number with funding delivered over a series of application periods or Tranches.
- FMP Tranche 1 closed for applications on Tuesday 31 March 2009, and all awards for funding under this tranche have been made.
- FMP Tranche 2 closed for receipt of applications at 4.00pm on Friday 26 November 2010, and all awards for funding under this tranche have been made.
- FMP Tranche 3 closed for receipt of applications at 4.00pm on Friday 19th October 2012 and all awards for funding under this tranche have been made.
- FMP Tranche 3 Extension Letters of Offer were issued in November/ December 2013 and all awards for funding have been made.